WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH GOVERNMENT
ME MAHI TAHI TĀTOU MO TE ORANGA O TE KATOA
WE WORK TOGETHER FOR THE WELLBEING OF EVERYONE
As a network, we want to actively contribute to, and influence the development of the Education sector with a focus on 0-18 years. We also want to be an active contributor in strengthening the social infrastructure so it more ably supports children, families and community to enjoy a good life, learn, and thrive.
WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO US:
- giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- quality education
- equity from the start
- diversity of provision
- enduring systems and infrastructure.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- free, frank, and fearless advice
- active participation in cross-agency and cross-sector work programmes and reforms
- innovation and change readiness
- reputable quality early childhood education provision
- social impact for local communities.
WHAT WE WANT FROM GOVERNMENT:
- sustainable funding model for early childhood education
- operational grant equivalent to that of the compulsory sector
- reinstatement of the 81 to 99% qualified teacher funding rate
- trainee teachers to be included in ratio
- review of frequent-absence rule to recognise the diversity of the Kindergarten whānau
- pay equity for the teaching profession
- accelerated implementation of the Early Learning Action Plan 2019-2029
- improved adult-to-child ratios
- legislate for 80% qualified teacher workforce
- managed network provision, and access to school sites, Crown-owned land and greenfield developments
- workforce development, including teacher supply and efficacy of training providers
- systemic approach to 0-18 years education.