WE SUPPORT LOCAL KINDERGARTEN ASSOCIATIONS TO THRIVE
Servant-leadership is at the heart of our approach. Through our interactions and engagements, we focus on the growth and well-being of people and the communities they belong to.
Our purpose is fulfilled by two core functions:
1. National advocacy
2. Local partnerships
- we promote the voice of member Associations in early childhood education policy, provision, pedagogy, workforce and education system-wide transformation
- we work in partnership with the Ministry of Education, the Teaching Council, and the Education Review Office
- we participate in regular fora with compulsory-sector peak bodies to advocate and influence system-wide transformation, with a specific focus on 0-18 years
- we engage with social sector agencies to influence social settings to enable New Zealand to be the best place in the world to be a child
- we are active participants in the Not-For-Profit sector, helping to shape and influence the mechanisms that enable entities to demonstrate contemporary leadership and governance practice.
- we grow and strengthen our teaching teams and leaders by providing training and development opportunities
- we grow and strengthen our governors by providing training, the implementation of the New Zealand Institute of Directors Four Pillars methodology, and strategic planning
- we provide a help desk facility for operational, governance and strategic matters
- we walk behind and beside our members to ensure our agenda is their agenda
- we have begun the implementation of a national policy and procedures framework
- we have begun the development of a national NZK Qual Mark standard with certification.